Those two hours of tennis yesterday should not have left me feeling this sore. And yet here I am, grumbling and groaning every time I stand up or bend over. My weekend you ask? Pretty uneventful. Let's just say that I strongly do not recommend the movie
A Sound of Thunder. "But the short story is so great! And Ben Kingsley is in it!" you say. Well, given that the story was only about ten pages, the director/producers clearly needed to add in a bunch of muddling, poorly-reasoned plot extensions to round this one out to feature-length. Oh, and I think Ben Kingsley was probably
trying to give a poor performance, as if to protest that the man who played Gandhi has since been reduced to crapass flicks with the production values of Battlestar Galactica.
Anyway, it's Monday, and the week is definitely not getting off to a good start. First of all, morning donuts and trivia was canceled by the Invitrogen rep without explanation, which left everyone a bit grumpier than usual. Then, nearly every step of the Western that I started today has somehow gone horribly wrong. Lastly, there is of course the little matter of my SDCMA talk tomorrow...

Yet, I do not despair, for there remains one small light in my dismal world. This track off of the forthcoming album, "The Avalanche: Outtakes and Extras from the Illinois Album" by Sufjan Stevens, possesses an uncanny ability to cheer me up. It's called "The Henney Buggy Band," give it a
listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment