My lab To Do List is pretty short today. I've got about 25 flats of plants down in the greenhouse that needed water, but are too young to be of much interest. I don't start paying attention until they make flowers and that wont be for another week or so and then I spend a lot of time staring at sex organs. Woo! Beyond that, I'm still waiting on my yeast plates to grow and I wont have the primers I need until tomorrow. Ostensibly, I've been compensating for the lack of immediate scientific responsibilities by reading journal articles and defrosting the freezer (my official lab job title is "Freezer Czarina"). In reality I've been perusing the internets, eating too much candy, and (mostly) staring off into space. I also petitioned our P.I. to let us get a pet lizard for the lab, but he said no.
Anyway, here are some lovely photographs.


1 comment:
i'd say there's a common theme to those pictures. 1. bishop puts fear of god into small, disinterested mutant sewer rat. 2. unicycle puts fear of god into me for the unpierced state of that man's sternum (the meat shield! it does nothing!). and 3. it's apropos that they should use jesus to spell out YMCA - just as it's apropos that young children frequent the Y for swim lessons, where the major number of residents are burgeoning pederasts - putting the fear of god into small children's anuses for 100 years :)
p.s. we're doing a good job getting rid of the leftover halloween candy over here, too. i've been on a steady snacking diet of reese's cups for two days now. oh the diabetes...
Post a Comment