Thursday, January 25, 2007

over-the-counter counterculture

I'll start off today's post with another excellent Wondermark cartoon. These three, pithy panels summarize my exact sentiments towards Hottopic better than I ever could on my own. Hooray for Malki.

Moving on, I went to the gym earlier this afternoon, not realizing I'd forgotten shorts until I got to the locker room. Fortunately, RIMAC is prepared for just such an event and sells a variety of athletic sundries at only slightly inflated prices. I decided to go with the women's shorts (I have a few pairs of guys' shorts that I wear often) since they were by far the cheapest. Yeah, they're cheaper because they use less than half the fabric of the men's shorts. We're talking a two-inch inseam here. I can't say I wasn't a bit self concious in the shorty shorts, but I felt better once the amazonian volley ball women showed up in their tiny spandex knickers.

To wrap things up, I'll leave you with this lovely floral-inspired painting by Stan Murmur, which I believe is a nom de plum. "Stan" used to be a high school teacher, then he started making videos demonstrating his unusual painting style while wearing a very poor disguise and was soon discovered. Needless to say, he's no longer paid to be around minors.
More work, and several videos can be found at www.buttprintart.com.

One last thing- the new Bloc Party album is absolutely amazing, but I couldn't post any songs since filelodge is down. If you're interested in hearing it, email me at platytune@gmail.com and I'll send it to you. Seriously, it's really f'n good.

No comments: