Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Okie Dokie Doggie Daddy

It's been absurdly sunny and warm for the past few days here in San Diego, so yesterday I skipped my usual gym workout and hiked the cliffs trail down to the beach and back a couple times. Kat came with and spotted a large pod of dolphins lingering near the shore, just beyond the surf. Tonight is the kickoff for grad student pick-up ultimate over on campus. Tuesdays are dollar scoop days at Baskin Robbins so maybe I'll hit that up after the game. Like I've said before, SoCal does have it's advantages.
March Madness starts up in a couple days. The Badgers are heading in looking pretty sorry, but I've still got high hopes. At the very least there should be some fun matchups.
Here's a photo I took ten years ago of a place I would like to visit again.

Final anecdote- The other day I finally called up a fuji-certified camera repair shop to ask about getting an estimate. The guy asked for the model number of my camera, but evidently I didn't say "F30" clearly enough. "Was that F30 or S30?" he asked. "It's an *F* as in ummm..." and for some reason the only words that came to mind were completely innapropriate "Fart?" no. "Fuck?" no no no. "Faggot?" dear lord no. All I could come up with in that staggering second and a half was "Fat." Not Food, not Float, not Fast, not any one of the myriad F-words at my disposal. Needless to say, it was rather embarrassing.

1 comment:

Sam Nekrosius said...

Just thought I'd try to send a quick post to say that yes, I'm still reading the blog, and yes, this is a pretty cool picture.