Thursday, May 22, 2008

Birthday Declared Success

Well we trounced the opposing team at our game last night, 13-4. Granted, we were playing the Memorial High School girls' team. But, like us, they had only one other win under their belts, and I was delighted to see all of the newbies play hard and make great catches and gutsy throws. Overall a lot of fun.

I joined my parents for take out Thai after the game, plus some fantastic champagne and even a little Old Pulteney afterwards. Then it was a quick stop home to shower and change before making my way down to the Annex for Old Time Relijun. I got there just in time to catch Sleeping in the Aviary's impressive set- started off with a couple quick, angry-but-good-natured pop/punk songs, very much in the vein of Ted Leo and the Thermals. Then they switched to an accoustic guitar and added some fantastic accordion and glided right into a gritty, Two Gallants feel.

Old Time Religion was crazy and awesome and extremely fun. Not a huge crowd, but very enthusiastic, and it was great to actually work up a sweat dancing for once. Plus: one mouth, two saxaphones, both perfectly in tune. Fucking rad. I didn't make it to bed until close to 2... waaaay past bedtime, but it was well worth it. See photos here.

No comments: