Monday, June 11, 2007

eleven squared

I couldn't think of a title, but this is in fact my 121st post, so I thought I'd go with that. It's yet another gloomy, cool Monday. Typical of coastal SD in June. But it was nice yesterday, and I spent the late afternoon at a couple garden centers and then in a friend's yard planting various herbs and tomatoes.

Summer has certainly arrived in PBIO- everytime I leave my bench I come across another young, unfamiliar person hopelessly trying to not screw up whatever it is they're working on. Soon we'll have a few newbies of our own. We're taking on a high school student and an undergrad for the summer and our new lab tech (one of my students from plant mol bio) is due to begin by the end of the month. In most academic environments, people think of the summers as a time when everyone has cleared out and you finally have some space. Not so at Salk.

Anyway, here's a picture of a foal from the UW barn. Awww.

No comments: