Ok, I'll admit it, last night I dreamt of pizza. Not just any pizza, pizza positively dripping with cheese. The kind where you try to pick up a slice and strings of gooey mozzarella stretch back to the rest of the pie. I haven't actively noticed any cravings over the past week and a half, but apparently my subconscious loves cheese. When I mentioned to my parents that I wasn't going to be eating any meat or dairy for a month they immediately asked, "Are you trying to lose some weight?" Well, no. But I've found that it would be very easy to *gain* weight this way. Over the past week or so I've done a fair amount of cooking, always to tasty results.
Vegetarian "paella" (by which I mean it involved risotto rice and a lot of saffron)-

No knead 18-hour herb bread-

Cranberry oatmeal cookies-

These turned out as good as any regular cookies I've made, and waaaaaay better than any other vegan cookies I've tried.
Meanwhile, woke up to another few inches of snow this morning, with more coming down. The great things about cold snows is that the flakes grow large- some as much as half a cm across- but they don't clump, so you can really get a good look at them as you're brushing them off your car. Helps distract from the fact that your toes are about to freeze off.
1 comment:
awesome++!
I impulsively made about two dozen vegan shortbread cookies on Sunday. Between eating and sharing, there are only two left on the counter.
Post a Comment