Today brings the Great Raw Experiment to one week. No physical revelations as of yet, but I feel like I'm really hitting my stride in terms of eating. I'm going to a BBQ at a friend's place tonight. It will be the first real time around lots of tempting, yet forbidden treats. Plan is to just fill up on my own stuff before and bring something fresh to share.
This weekend we made an incredible marinara sauce. It's so good I can basically eat it plain. It's even better with a few olives on top. Here's what's in it-
About 4 or 5 tomatoes, seeded and quartered.
10-14 sundried tomatoes, soaked
3 dates, soaked
Big handful fresh basil
Small handful fresh oregano
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1 small candy onion
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
I just dump everything in the food process and let it go for about 30 seconds. Soooo good.
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment