Still going strong, though can't say I feel any different. Energy level is normal, clothes fit the same so I doubt I've lost/gained any weight. Really the only differences I've noticed are that the high-water-content foods send me to the girls' room more often and there is a bitter taste at the back of my throat that I can't seem to get rid of.
I made a smoothie this morning sans 'greens' and found it much more enjoyable- frozen blueberries, frozen banana, juice of an orange, half an apple, a little water. I eat a lot of greens throughout the rest of the day, I don't think I need to include them at breakfast.
Last night we made 'Essene.' Ours consisted of just barely sprouted wheat berries ground up in the food processor until sticky and then mixed with honey. Then we dehydrated the 'bread' overnight in the form of little patties. Results were... eh. Refining is needed. They were crisp on the outside, but still pretty mushy on the inside and quite sour. Not nearly as good as Nature's Bakery's version. I think we need to let the wheat sprout for longer.
I used the shredder blade on my food processor for the first time yesterday to shred up some beets. It was pretty awesome. This morning I combined the beets with shredded cabbage, dried blueberries, and the dressing I made on Tuesday to make up a tasty lunch. I've also got a sizable container of watermelon, a few dates, and some sun dried tomatoes.
I'm craving gazpacho. I have cucumbers, peppers, onions, and tomatoes growing in my garden... maybe I'll blend up a batch this weekend.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment