NPR played some Dismemberment Plan today! Ok, so it was only the first 20 or so seconds of Spider In The Snow, but it was still pretty awesome.
Today was the last day of my high school student Brian's 8-week internship in our lab. He's a nice kid, and well meaning, but extremely awkward. I don't think I ever saw him completely relax, and his constant expression of an abused puppy which has simply resigned itself to it's painful fate really started putting me on edge for the last few weeks. After today's ten presentations by Brian and the other interns, I am completely without doubt that there exists a vast difference between the maturity level of 17-year-old gals and lads. The ladies were all collected, confident, and well-spoken. The guys slouched, stalled, and reeked of anxious youth. Brian's got a lot of ground to cover if he's going to be crossing the country to attend MIT next year. Plus, he could really stand to add a pair of suspenders to his belt-pants combo, we're all sick of seeing his drawers, no matter how briefly.
Friday, August 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment