Saturday, August 05, 2006

...with a vengeance

Ok, I'm back. The goal from here on out is pithy observations from my extremely exciting life as a bio grad student, and possibly whatever song I happen to be obsessing over at the moment. Not sure how frequently I'll update or how long it will last, but there you have it.

To begin, I had a vanilla frosty yesterday. Given my feelings for both frosties and vanilla I had pretty high hopes. Sadly, I was let down. It had none of the malty, melty deliciousness that makes the original Wendy's frosty so wonderful. Rather, it was just a cup of bland soft serve, not that that stopped me from eating the entire thing. Wendy's also now offers "fix 'ems" or "mix ins," or whatever name they've come up with for the oreo, butterfinger, or m&m's toppings you can use to spoil your original frosty or attempt to salvage your vanilla. The original frosty needs only Wendy's fries to achieve true perfection, and if you're going to go so far as to put oreos on a cup of soft serve you might as well call what it is- a cheap parody of a DQ blizzard.

Meanwhile, I went to Chicago last weekend to see friends and attend the Pitchfork Music Festival. If nothing else, it thoroughly solidified my new-found love of Band of Horses, and especially their single The Funeral. I realize they aren't doing anything that My Morning Jacket didn't already do six years ago, but they're still pretty great.

My lab is out of town until Wednesday... who is going to go get pho with me tomorrow?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, want to thank you for taking me for a creemee.

platytune said...

pho- delicious vietnamese noodle soup. tripe and tendon are thankfully optional.

and yes, ted leo sounded better, but band of horses is my music-crush-of-the-moment.