Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'll pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger Today

I realize that it's Thursday, but the bulk of this post is about Labor Day weekend. I just didn't get around to writing it until now. Anyway, my good friend Monica came to visit me for a fantastic few days. Typical of our get togethers, we spent most of the time indulging in such epicurean delights as a seafood and martini dinner at Pacifica Del Mar, a picnic in Balboa Park, and an in-home Korean feast. We also managed to drop a fair bit of cash at a few of our favorite stores.




























During Monica's stay, we discovered something which may be even more delicious than the classic frosty: Golden Spoon's cake batter frozen yogurt. As far as fat-free frozen yogurt goes, the cake batter flavor is easily one of the best. It's much better than I had expected, and particularly wonderful with crumbled sugar cone as a topping.

On to music. The Thermals came out with a record a few years ago called "More Parts per Million" which for me was an instant favorite. Their follow-up album "Fuckin' A" didn't really do it for me, but they're recently released, extremely political "The Body, The blood, The Machine" is shaping up to be pretty high on my "Best of '06" list. Please enjoy A Pillar Of Salt, with my complements on this seventh day of September.

No comments: