I should have known better. Earlier today I downloaded the latest update for iTunes. I just fired it up for the first time and it turns out that the double eighth note icon has been changed from green to blue. Granted, blue is probably my favorite color, but now the color balance of my applications dock is overly loaded with blue icons (Finder, Mail, Safari, Word, iTunes). And yes, this does offend my sense of aesthetics. Be honest people, part of the reason we buy Apple products is that they look pretty. Well now my dock has too much blue in it and I'm not happy about it. But that's not all, iTunes itself has an entirely new skin, and it's different and therefore scary and bad. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but for now I'm annoyed at myself for making the update. The official motto of the Hogan family is "Like Lightening," but I'm pretty sure that a review of the old Irish text on the original coat of arms will find that in fact it reads: IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.
Anyway, I'm back from retreat and here is my favorite photo so far-

If you're ever in a hotel room full of drunken 20-somethings, it might not be a great idea to pull out a huge bottle of lotion; no amount of nonchalance will let that go unnoticed.
No comments:
Post a Comment