Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I can't feel my feets

A mix for winter-
Simon and Garfunkel - Hazy Shade of Winter
The Delgados - Coming in from the Cold
Matt Pond PA - Snow Day
The Fiery Furnaces - Tropical Ice-Land
Fountains of Wayne - Valley Winter Song
The Rolling Stones - Winter
Lupe Fiasco - Kick, Push (summery hip hop interlude)
The Shins - Phantom Limb
Russian Futurists - Not Really Cold When It Snows
Death Cab for Cutie - Blacking Out the Friction
Dismemberment Plan - The Ice of Boston
Elliott Smith - Angel In The Snow
Camber Van Beethoven - Sweethearts
Feist - Mushaboom
Damien Jurado - December
Eels - 3 Speed (summery close)

But things are looking up- when I looked out the lab windows at 5:10 today there were still a few hints of daylight, not the pitch black I would have seen at that time a week ago. Also, I went to the zoo this weekend and it discovered what a great place it is to visit in winter. Few other visitors, enormous lions, and a fantastic new aviary all made for a very nice morning.

1 comment:

flatbackground said...

Winter mix I recently sent out.