Friday, March 14, 2008

date me

On my recent trip to CA I learned that I really like Medjool dates. Really super like them a lot to the point where I could probably eat about thirty of them in one sitting. So, thinking to myself, "Oh look at me, being so healthy and buying fruit that's probably full of all sorts of vitamins and fiber!" I self-righteously bought a box of them at Trader Joes. When I got home, as I was stuffing the tasty tasty dates into my mouth as quickly as possible, I learned the dark truth about my new-found love. In terms of calories and grams of sugars, the little fuckers are worse than candy. I can't say I'm surprised, they're so sweet the sugar practically crystallizes out of them, but I was a bit disappointed.

Insert joke about how the only dates I can get are fruit and even those go wrong here.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

two words, "bad dates." name that movie!

:)

my mom bought these a couple times before realizing that horrible truth. jordan and i enjoyed them immensely, though, before she stopped...

flatbackground said...

I see them at Henry's every time I make a grocery run. *wistful sigh*