Saturday, March 15, 2008

Mysterious Mysteries of Strange Mystery

I was so caught up in important food matters that I forgot to write about the weird thing that happened today. I spent most of the day with my Dad and his friend, scoping out spots for turkey season next month. We stopped by the farm they want to hunt, met up with another friend who's a hunting and fishing guide, and walked around with a turkey caller to see if any turned up (a few did). We also picnicked at state park in the area, stopping at a random rural gas station for sodas on the way. As we sat at the picnic table unpacking food and chatting about the best spots to hunt, the friend opened his snapple, glanced at the underside of the lid, and fell silent. Finally he let out a "Huh." and passed the cap to my dad. "Only male turkeys gobble." WTF are the odds of picking such a thematically perfect bottle?

No comments: